When is the last time you cleaned your mattress? It’s probably the one item that goes unnoticed even as germs and allergens build up. You need not shop for a new mattress when you can take care of the one you have. Moreover, regular mattress cleaning is healthy for you as it keeps dust at bay. Don’t just clean your bedroom and forget the one item that is so close to you.
Cleaning a mattress should not be a daunting task. The market today has very effective mattress vacuum cleaners. All you need is a good vacuum cleaner that sucks up all the dirt and bacteria. A good mattress vacuum cleaner is easy to use and does not damage the mattress. What’s more, you can use the vacuum cleaner to clean your coaches too. Here, we have picked 8 of the best mattress vacuum cleaners in the market to help you make the right choice.
The Editor’s choice
1) Sowtech Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
The Sowtech Cordless Vacuum is lightweight and does a good job cleaning the mattress and the sofa. It has and a solid battery that enables you to clean comfortably for a good number of minutes. One of the unique features of this cleaner is its ability to run quietly, unlike most vacuum cleaners. It comes with a variety of extensions that make it ideal for cleaning even the tightest corners.
Through the use of a pro cyclone tech, the vacuum cleaner can pull out even the tiniest of dirt. The vacuum cleaner has a steel HEPA filter that helps it deal with small particles. The filter is reusable, and all you have to do is wash it. The batteries on this cleaner are rechargeable and are pretty solid, giving you enough time to clean. The only downside with theses batteries is the time used to charge. The battery takes longer than you would expect.
- Runs on rechargeable batteries that have a substantial run time
- Uses reusable stainless steel filter which is more cost-friendly
- It features the pro cyclone system that is effective in cleaning.
- Comes with many different accessories that make it unique to clean far-to-reach area
- Runs quietly
- Lightweight and highly efficient
- Has a solid long-lasting battery and powerful suction
- It’s has a pocket-friendly price
- Takes long to charge
The Best Suction Power
2) Dyson V6 Mattress Vacuum Cleaner
Dyson produces quality products. That’s the same case with this Dyson V6 cleaner that is a top performer when it comes to vacuum cleaning. It has one of the most impressive suction powers in the market, which means you can clean your surfaces comfortably. It has a very creative design that enables users to clean more than just the mattress. At only 3.6 pounds, this vacuum cleaner is lightweight, and users don’t have to strain when cleaning. With the HEPA filters, you can expect to kill over 99.9% of germs and allergens that have found a home in your mattress.
- Uses HEPA filtration to wipe out almost all the germs
- Comes with a creative design that makes it ideal for cleaning every surface
- Features a sturdy suction power, which is one of the best in the market
- It’s very light
- Strong suction power
- Creative design for effective cleaning
- Uses advanced HEPA filtration
- Does not have additional hoses
The Best For All-Around Performance
3) Housmile 804 Vacuum Cleaner
The Housmile 804 Vacuum Cleaner is a heavy-duty vacuum cleaner designed to fit all your vacuum cleaning tasks. It’s a hand-held cleaner that is highly efficient in cleaning mattresses, carpets, and car seats. It uses highly advanced HEPA filtration UV that will kill all mites and leaves clean, breathable air behind. It has suction power that enables it to clean the mattress without a fuss. Using the heavy rotation of about 6000 cycles/minute, the Housmile 804 Vacuum Cleaner is an excellent choice for any user. It has a big capacity dust box that will allow you to clean for longer.
- Features a sturdy suction power with heavy-duty rotations
- It’s lightweight and has a big dust box
- Uses intense UV light to kill harmful microorganisms
- It’s very versatile
- Uses HEPA filtration for efficient cleaning
- Lightweight and easily hand-held
- Powerful suction power
- Does not come with additional hoses
The Best Technologically Advanced
4) RAYCOP LITE UV Vacuum Cleaner
RAYCOP has designed one of the most technologically advanced mattress vacuum cleaners in the market. Through the use of intense UV light and wavelength, the filter can kill the bugs, mites, and other germs that are in the mattress. The unique RayClean Technology used in the vacuum cleaner is effective in dealing with microorganisms leaving behind a clean bed. Another unique feature found in the RAYCOP LITE UV Vacuum Cleaner is the pulsating pads. The pads, which vibrate at a high frequency, are useful in cleaning the dirt from the upholstery. It has a powerful suction that is enough to clean even the dirtiest mattresses.
- Crafted with calibrated UV wavelength which cleans effectively
- It features reliable suction power to clean nicely and efficiently.
- Has unique pulsating pads for cleaning the threads in a mattress
- Uses advanced technology for better cleaning
- Tailored with pulsating pads for complete cleaning
- Easy to use
- Intense UV wavelength to kill the microorganisms
- Not suitable for stand-alone cleaning
The Best Vacuum Cleaner For Dust Mites
5) IRIS IC-FAC2 Mattress and Furniture Vacuum Cleaner
It is probably the best vacuum cleaner for dealing with dust mites. It comes with a super long power cable, which can be good or a bad thing depending on what you want. The vacuum cleaner comes with sensors that indicate the dust level on surfaces. It’s a unique capability that will allow you to know which areas to pay more attention to, and this will help you save time. It has a unique design, and together with the long cord, you can be able to effectively clean every corner of the mattress, carpet, or car seat.
- It is fitted with a long cord to help users move around
- There are impressive sensors that will indicate the level of dust on surfaces
- Solid filtration that allows it to capture up to 99% allergens
- It’s easy to use
- Comes with a long power cable
- Very flexible
- The long cord makes it rigid and can cause accidents
The Best Vacuum Cleaner For Bed Bugs
6) Euleven UV Handheld Vacuum Cleaner
Through the use of UV light, this vacuum cleaner heats the air, which ends up killing the dust mites, bed bugs, and other germs. On top, it also has carbon filtration that enables it to suck all the pollutants giving you a clean mattress. It has a mighty suction power, and with cycles of about 3500 per minute, you can expect it to clean everything it comes into contact with it. Additionally, it has a big dust box, and it is lightweight.
- Combines HEPA and Carbon filtration systems for effective cleaning
- Designed with a prominent dust box to give users more time before they can empty
- Uses UV light and high temperatures to kill all the harmful germs
- It has a sturdy design and is lightweight
- Compact design and comfortable to hold
- Double filtration systems for better cleaning
- Powerful suction power
- It has a rigid design and can’t clean hidden places.
An Amazon’s Choice
7) Make Lemonade UV Vacuum Cleaner
A hand-held vacuum cleaner is a powerful tool in dealing with all sorts of particles that may find their way to your mattress. It has a strong motor that will unsettle the germs before the UV kills them in less than 5 seconds. It comes with the HEPA filtration that enables it to kill the microbes while giving you breathable air. The lithium battery fitted in this gadget has a run time of 20 minutes. The charging time is, however, long as it requires charging for about four hours for less than 30 minutes of use.
- They have powerful motors that enable it to vibrate and kill all the germs.
- It has a reliable rechargeable battery and a long cord for when you want to connect directly to the power source.
- Uses HEPA filtration to kill microorganisms, and the filters are replaceable.
- It’s very light
- Kills microorganisms easy and fast
- Easy to use
- Good batteries
- The suction power leaves a lot to be desired
- Takes long to charge
The Best Budget Vacuum Cleaner
8) EcoGecko Vacuum Cleaner
The vacuum cleaner is the best option if you are on a budget. It will serve you faithfully and will not hurt your pockets when purchasing. Thou it’s one of the cheapest vacuum cleaners in the market, it has all the specs to compete with the expensive kind. It weighs just 1.6 pounds, which is ultra-light and is easy to use. It has a powerful motor that will vibrate and ruffle the particles before killing the microorganisms with UV light. There are efficient filters that will capture all kinds of particles, dust, and germs, enabling you to sleep on a clean mattress. Its ergonomic design allows for more comfortable usage and has a very long power cable for easier maneuverability.
- Has an ergonomic design and a good handle for a firm grip and complete control
- Its is very light and is affordable
- Uses UV light to kill germs and has a strong motor
- It is very affordable
- Microfilters for trapping all kinds of particles
- Comes with a very long power cable
- The long cable can cause trip accidents
Factors To Look Before Purchasing
There are several factors you need to consider before buying a Mattress Vacuum Cleaner. Here are the most notable ones:
Filters play such a significant role in killing most of the microorganisms—the two common types of filters are reusable filters and non-reusable filters. The reusable filters are best if you are on a budget, while the non-reusable ones mean you get the best results every time.
b) UV Light
UV light is a popular choice for mattress vacuum cleaners. They are useful in wiping out germs and bacteria that may live in the mattress. By increasing the temperature, the UV lights kill all the microorganisms; it comes into contact with it.
c) Suction Power
How well your mattress vacuum cleaner does its job is based on the suction power. The more the suction power, the more effective the vacuum cleaner will be.
d) Cordless or Wired Extensions
Users have to choose between a corded and a cordless cleaner. The main difference between the two is mobility and comfort, with the cordless cleaners being more flexible. When going for the wireless cleaners, ensure that they have potent batteries while the wired extension should have a long cord for smoother movements.
e) Power Source
Power is a critical part of any vacuum cleaner. There are two main types of power sources; the battery-powered and the direct source. With the batteries, you need a dependable battery time and minimum charging time. The direct source will have a long power cord for easier maneuverability.
A good mattress vacuum cleaner comes with hoses and nozzles. They are essential in ensuring you get to clean even the furthest places. It is vital to verify that the package you receive has all the listed accessories.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often should I vacuum my mattress?
Well, it depends on your preference and the state of your mattress. Some people recommend that you vacuum your mattress after 3-6 months. People with allergies can vacuum clean more regularly. However, your mattress can get accidental soiling and you cannot wait for those 3months to clean it. The most important thing is to ensure that it is clean.
Can I steam my mattress?
Yes, you can steam clean your mattress. Steam cleaning comes in handy when you are dealing with a stubborn stain. If you choose to steam clean, ensure you let the mattress dry completely before spreading the bedsheets.
Is it safe to use UV lights in Mattress Vacuum Cleaners?
Yes, it is safe. The UV light kills the germs, allergens, bacteria, mites, and any other organisms are in your mattress.
There you go, folks! That’s the list of some of the best Mattress Vacuum Cleaners in the market. Vacuum cleaning your mattress is a tedious job, and that’s why you need the best mattress cleaners. Getting the right gadget will help you clean better while saving you time and energy. Remember, you should invest with the best vacuum cleaners to get the best service from it. Once you get the mattress vacuum cleaner, ensure you take great care. Store it well to avoid any accidental drops that may be catastrophic. The mattress vacuum cleaner may be a small gadget or one used sporadically, but it helps you sleep in a clean environment.